my electricity...

I try to be really good about keeping lights off to save money on my light bill. The christmas tree stays on all day and i unplug it for bed time...does the tree use up alot of electricity?

sillymommy1206

Asked by sillymommy1206 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Home & Garden

• 40% of the electricity used in your house is from things being plugged in whether they're turned on or not. Go around your house and unplug as much as you can so you don't waste needlessly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Hope not, lol! I do the same thing. We've changed out all our light bulbs to energy efficient ones to save money. I never really thought about tree lights, hmmm.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• all those litttle watts do add up . You may think a string or 3 wouldn't cost much, but, if you leave it on all day, I would think so.Why not just cut it on for a few hours in the evening
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• we have a timer set to our tree.. so just before we come home they turn on, and go off about the time we are in bed...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would imagine they use a fair amount. I try to just turn ours on when it gets dark, then unplug it when I go to bed. It was on all day today though!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2008