Dizzy and blacking out what could this be

hi i am 17 weeks pregnet and for last cople days i have been blacking out when i stand up or am on my feet for a long time i feel dizzzy my body will tingle then i have complete loss of vision were every thing goes black and some times end up on the floor what could this be?
i have a doctors appt later this week should i bee seen sooner or not be too woried

eathen1

Asked by eathen1 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Def call the doctor. But eat more protein. As soon as you feel a little shaky eat cheese, chicken, peanut butter, yogurt, etc... right away. Put a lot more protein in your diet every day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You need to be seen sooner...it sounds to me like you have a bit of preeclampsia going on or diabetes. This is something that you cant let go untreated. GO TODAY if you can! They will need to do blood work
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would at least call you Dr and tell them what is going on. When I was Pregnant and was dizzy it turned out I had Pre-eclemspia. (high blood pressure due to pregnancy) mine would subside when I would lay down on my left side.

but call your Dr!

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 1:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Call your doc. Since u r blacking out u need to be driven there.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I agree, call your doctor ASAP.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• you need to call your DR ASAP...could be low iron or it could be a low blood sugar but your DR needs to know about this, TODAY
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I get that frequently and it is related to blood pressure. your bp tends to drop some during your second trimester and th can cause dizziness and fain
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 1:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Dizziness while changing position is normal during pregnancy.
    Blacking out is NEVER normal. Please CALL AND SEE YOUR DR ASAP!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it could be the starting of pre-eclampsia DO NOT WAIT!! GO TO THE DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a survivor and let me tell you I came very close to losing my life for something that could have been slowed and managed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please go dont wait
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You probably arent eating enough. Try eating a bowl of ramen noodles and laying down for a minute when you start to feel like that
    JaggersMommy1

Answer by JaggersMommy1 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011