Mind your own buisness!!!

My friends are placing the apartment to welcome my husband after his Training. We were talking about children, my friend said she personally wouldn't have kids. My mother in law started asking why and all and all. My friend explained because she had a medical reasons (To which she lost two children because of it.) my MIL said everyone wants kids. That it was immoral not to etc etc she pissed off my friend so she left. She can't mind her own buisness....

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd calmly explain that A) It isn't her business what ANY other woman aside from herself does with their body. B) That your friend has experienced great loss, which is a factor in her decision not to attempt to have any more children. C) That your friend deserves an apology.

Being rude back to your MIL won't do any good.

BTW--- Immoral? WTH?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Is your MIL catholic?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• very catholic
    SamJ321

Comment by SamJ321 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• For some people HAVING children is the immoral act.

Your friend apparently didn't want to share her losses and that's fine, although it probably would have shut MIL up. Talk to your friend and ask how she wants to proceed.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• you should talk to your MIL and let her know not everyone wants children nor could have any. and she should respect that and not be so rude about it. and then apologize to your friend for your MIL's wording. she doesn't know better, becuase catholics or people in general think everyone is on this earth to procreate.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Better question...why are you stressing over this. First of all, it is a sensitive point for your friend so maybe she was being over sensitive and you MIL, well I would have told her to shut the fuck up after the first etc.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011