How close are you to your parents?

Even though I've been married 5 years. I'm still very close to my parents, as I've gotten older I realize that time is valuable and I make it a point to make time for my parents. I usually spend once a month over at their place with my son.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I am very close to my parents. I talk to my mom everyday. My mom and my son are extremely close. We are all so very blessed to have them.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm 37 and very close to my parents - they live a little over a mile away. I bike to their house often with my kids and they always have cookies waiting for us! My mom is one of my best friends.

Answer by missanc at 2:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I talk to my mom almost every day, we are super close. I haven't spoken to my dad (outside family situations where there is no choice) only a couple of time is 14 years. (my parents divorced when I was 5)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i am very close to my parents i see them and talk to them daily...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Good for you. My parents are both now deceased, and I miss them a lot. We were a very closely knit family, and there's hardly a day goes by that I don't think of both of them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• We live about 1 hour apart so I try to visit with the kids around once a month. We talk 3-4 times a week. It's been strained though because we have had 3 kids in 5 years and whenever we are on the phone and one even cries a little or if I say "stop Kayla" or something like that, my mom wants to get off the phone. It's really annoying.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My mom is my best friend and I talk to her every single day...my dad, we've never been all that close but mostly because he's always been a workaholic and was never home...so really I don't know him all that well if that makes any sense...there is no bitterness or anything...he just worked all the time lol...by the time he got home we would be sleep and he'd be back at work by the time we woke up in the morning
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm close to my parents, and they're very close to my son too. I don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for all the support they've given these past few years.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't talk to my parents at all, and haven't since Thanksgiving (dad) and Christmas (mom). They're toxic in my life and I don't need that toxicity.

My in-laws, however, I think of as Mom and Dad in my head. They're wonderful people.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011