Has anyone ever been told you are having one baby and came out of the hospital with 2 or more?

Just curious how often this has happened. I am in no worry that this will happen to me, but my FIL was joking around with me last night that I was going to have twins because my tummy is so big, lol. So, I of course started wondering about how many women have had this happen to them.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• And how did you react to the suprise?
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It happened to someone I work with. Identical twins and they had no idea. They are 20 now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I've wondered this too. And wished it because I've always wanted twins. But it had never happened to me or anyone I know. I do have a friend who is a twin and he said that's what happened to his parents. They were expecting one, him, and a minute later, his brother came out. They are identical. He said his parents weren't upset. Just happy that they were able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so they didn't have anymore.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I've only seen it happen happen on tv but if it did happen to me after I woke up from passing out lol I would tell my hubby go get another car seat and a few more things lol... There's nothing I could really do but try and make sure I have enough stuff for both babies
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• a guy i dated years back (he would be 45 ish now)
    was a triple
    his mom was expecting two
    but a third was in there!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Wow never heard of this...
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• That happened to my SIL. She thought there was one, but when that 'one' was delivered, she had a second. The dr. was a bumfounded as everyone else. The ulta-sound showed 1. There was no indication with the heart beat.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011