What would you do?

Today when I dropped my 4 yr old son off at daycare, he got upset because he didn't want to go today. He didn't sleep well last night and was very cranky this morning, which is why he was acting like this, he normally loves going to daycare. Anyway about 45 minutes after I left I got a call at work from the daycare saying he was still upset and he was so upset he made him self throw up. They said they think it would be best for him if I picked him up for the day. I called my parents to see if they would be able to pick him up since both my husband and I are at work, They were not able to so I left work to get him. Would you of done the same thing or would you have left him at the daycare until you were done work? (he wasn't sick or hurt or anything, he was just upset because he didn't want to be there)

MommyWeston

Asked by MommyWeston at 2:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would have gotten off of work and picked him up. When my son needs me I am there. Fortunately, this has only happened to me once.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would have left him at daycare. I would have told the daycare to put him on the phone and talked to him.

Answer by louise2 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would have picked him up as well. Even if it was just a maniplulative behavior on his part to get what he wanted...the daycare shouldnt have to put up with that, they have other children to tend to as well...and more than likely his behavior was affecting the other children.
    When my oldest son was younger, if he didn't have enough sleep, he was a complete bear to deal with.There were times when I had to pick him up early from daycare because of it too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would have picked him up
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 2:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would have picked him up. Something was bothering him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would have picked him up,at 4 years old he still needs Mommy.
    Dianny888

Answer by Dianny888 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• When our son was in daycare, there wouldn't have been any option -- meaning, if the child is throwing-up-crying, the daycare has a right to say "we cannot take care of this child". I would have done what you did.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 3:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2011