Backyard swimming pool leak....Has anyone dealt with this problem??

We just bought a backyard pool this summer (we finally gave in),..because it's just June and we've had 100 degree days since May, off and on. We're really dying in the heat and staying cooped up inside the house is like being cooped up inside during the cold months. I start getting a little depressed if I can't be outdoors enough.

Anyway, we filled it up and it has a tiny hole where the seams come together....I can't believe it!! After filling 2,500 gallons of water , we have a LEAK the FIRST DAY!!!

How do you fix this problem without emptying 2,500 gallons of water into your backyard. I am so disappointed. Help Please...? Anyone fixed a pool leak??

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 2:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Either call the company that made the pool and ask about a warranty or defective product. My other suggestion is to make sure both sides of the seam/leak is bond dry and liberally apply some duct tape. It's actually an awesome sealant, as long as what you're sticking it to is bone dry.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my husband owns Backyard Blues Pool Service in Tennessee. You need someone to come out and find the leak, then they can patch it. It shouldn't cost that much. Call around for prices 1st. Small/new companies are usually cheaper.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• the best bet is to call the pool company and see what they suggest..i would be totally mad too..i have however had two of these pools and never had a leak..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Keep a camera ready in case the thing busts ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We have patched leaks under water in inground pools. Go to the pool store and ask for help.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011