This just can't be happening!

Long story short- my boys' uncle & cousin ended up in jail over the weekend - the cuz for assault & the uncle for murder! The uncle ran down a father of 2 boys, 1 of which witnessed it & went to school w/ my boys! My bff is the exwife of the accused, & they have a dau together as well. This one horrible act has effected so many people on so many levels- & it all seems so unreal to me. I have to be strong for my boys, my bff & former in-laws, but hate to say, I saw it coming. Maybe not to this extreme extent- but I think we all knew these 2 were headed down a bad path. How do you deal w/ stuff like this? How do you stop people or get them help before things get this far?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• It all sounds so horrible and I'm sorry for everyone involved. There really isn't anything that could have been done to prevent this. We may have a sense that certain people are heading down the wrong path but rarely is there anything that anyone can say or do that changes that. Again, I'm sorry.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• you can only help ppl if they want help..like leading a horse to water...i wish you and the families the best of luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm sorry, hun. :( Thoughts and prayers for all affected by this!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it's impossible
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I agree and I feel really bad for all that were involved but if a person doesn't think they have a problem or doesn't want help then there's nothing anybody can do. They have to take that first step and until they do nobody can help, and I know its hard to sit there and watch it happen but its their choice.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Do you know why the uncle killed the guy ?

I understand becuase my husbands family ( besides his mom ) has all been in jail at one time or another, they are all either drunks and druggies and his sister has attempted to kill herself and her husband several times.... we both expect to get a phone call one day about one of them being murdered or something terrible.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 2:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You CAN'T get THEM help...you can only get YOURSELF and your family out of danger, that's your only real responsibility and if something like this was coming...then why didn't anyone mention it to the local authorities. I'm bringing this up because you didn't say if they did or didn't previously have this done.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ShouldHave Left: The act itself was not a planned thing or premeditated in any way. It was their troubling behavior leading up to what happened. That's what I meant. Lets just say they had issues. We did not have direct contact w/ them in over a year.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2011