How old were your children when they went to the movies for the 1st time?

And what age do you think its a good age to bring them to see a kids movie (of course) for the first time?

edit: and of course I mean with you to the movies and not by themselfs!

LittleBirdFly

Asked by LittleBirdFly at 2:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son was 2 1/2 when he went with his grandma, I think it was a little early. Now he is over 3 and I think he would sit better now.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• five and two
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My DD was almost 4 when we went to a 3D movie (Yogi) -- she did GREAT because the 3D kept her entertained! :-) A regular movie I am still not ready to take her to one!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My oldest son was 2 1/2 he would not sit still. I think it depends on the child too. I started taking my middle son when he was 3 months old and he did very well as he grew older
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 2:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They all went for the first time by their 2nd birthday, to kids' movies (some Chicken Little one, Hop, ones like that). They all did very well - either sat and watched nicely or fell asleep, lol!
    Anonymous

• My parents brought me to dirty harry and I was not even 2!! LOL
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• 3 is good. It's tough before that. I brought my kids as babies because we had older children. I always had to leave and walk with the baby. By 3 they enjoy it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My daughter went for the 1st time this spring at the age of 5.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If they seem to sit still for a move at home I think any age is fine. It's the ones that talk a lot, go to the bathroom more than once or cry obnoxiously that can disturb the theater experience for other people.
    whomi

Answer by whomi at 2:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Like a couple of weeks. I work there and went all the time. The first movie she watched was Tangled at 9 months.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011