My husband's new schedules is screwing up my vacation plans (vent)

I usually take 1 week of my vacation to get the house clean, get stuff ready for the garage sale (this weekend) and general spend time ALONE. But b/c my husband now has mon and tues off, he is home and figured we should keep the kids instead of sending them to the sitter for 1/2 the day like I planned. So now he is asleep or something and i am entertaining the kids and getting NOTHING done.

I know it sounds selfish, but I really was looking forward to this week, no husband, no kids, just me music and cleaning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I fully understand... husbands do not understand how the process works, lol. But, you need to enlighten him. Wake him up and send him and the children to the park. OR, put him to work. :-) His idea to keep the kids, then he gets to keep them out of trouble.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I understand too .. My husbands schedule recently changed too and now he has Sunday and one day off during the week ( but doesnt know what that is until the week before) ... during the day i babysit and he expects me to tell the mom that on the day he has off i cannot watch her son... I am like " yeah whatever, you might as well plan on me not having him at all , because no one is going to go find a babysitter for that one day" lol... but i can already picture it... he will be sleeping most of the day away and expect me to bring him food in there..
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 2:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011