Have you ever gave your 4 year old Children's Benedryl?

Dr. told me to give her half a teaspoon of it. Well, within 20 minutes she has passed out sound asleep. Yes, it is nap time, but I'm wondering if this is normal???

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My girls have had benadryl as well but it has never put them to sleep but they would not play as much after taking it. But since you said it was nap time that might have been what put her to sleep along with the medicine. At least she is resting and a good thing. If worried just keep an eye on her and if she sleeps to long then I would be a little worried. And every mom is worried when their kids are sick. Hope she gets well soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yes samething happened to mine she had a rash that was going around iching my neighbor said benedral worked (thats what her DR. said to give her kid) Mine slept for a couple hrs but within a day or 2 the rash and iching was gone.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have and haven't gotten that reaction from him but the docs. said it would cause drowsiness.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My children had benadryl as babies, yes it's normal for them to pass out, it's also normal if it completely wires them lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Awesome! Thanks Ladies. I'm sitting here right beside her watching her to make sure she is breathing. She is NEVER sick. So, I'm a tad bit paranoid. lol
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011