How is this fair ?

My husband and I have been happily married for 7 years ... for the first few months we were dating i will admit I was very insecure because the guy I dated before him cheated on me with 6 different women ( that I didnt find out about until the end of our 2 year relationship) ... but we worked on it and it got to a point to where I was very secure with out relationship.

In fact for the last several years my husband has worked with all women, some of them he is close with ... I trust him and I have no problem with it, I honestly feel that I can believe he wont cheat on me... and he knows I wouldnt to that to him or even risk messing with our family ( like I wouldnt want my kids to one day hear that i slept with someone else ) ...

So like I said he has alot of female friends, they eat lunch together everyday , they sometimes call and text, and still I am fine with that...

Well, the other day he was suppose to pick me up at work ( his car was getting fixed up and so he drove my car since he gets off work before i do) ... well he didnt show up, didnt answer his phone, nothing ( he got home extra early and fell asleep on the couch) ... one of my friends from work who is a guy gave me a ride home... Didnt think anything of it, because like i said he is a friend ( except he is just a work friend, not even close to what my husbands female friends are) ... I walked in woke my husband up , he said sorry and stuff and then asked how I got home, when i told him he got REALLY MAD ...

he said having female friends are different than a guy friend ... Since I was already annoyed I went off and told him it was his fault he had to bring me home and that nothing happend and nothing would happen and that I couldnt believe he was acting like that, and he said well it is different because he is a single guy and he probably was only being nice because he wanted me, I told him he was acting dumb and if we were going to talk about what could happen with our "friends" well then I should be upset because his one friend is known as the office slut... but yet i dont make a big deal about them going to lunch together, and yet this guy was nice enough to drive me home because my husband was busy sleeping on the couch...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• you have every right to feel and express feelings of GRRRRR
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• your husband is being a moron
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yeah I would tell him sometimes guys just do things and if he wanted you he would not have been given you a ride home to your Dh and probably would have spoke up sooner.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Guys can be so ridiclous sometimes. I would say you have a right express your feelings, don't let him think you can't.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• also, he thinks that because he is more of a geeky guy ( his words) , and that since I am pretty and that i do get attention from people it is different ...

So i tried to play that game with him ( go along with that reasoning) and said... well isnt it usually the geeky guys who end up sleeping with the people who give them attention, and the person who gets attention is so used to having it, they dont go looking for it ... ( the way i told it to him made more sense) ...

it makes me more mad that he tries to come up with these silly explanations
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Why did he not come to pick you up at work like he was supposed to? Sounds to be like he jumped on your case to keep you from being mad at him for the real issue which was his neglect of you to begin with. That's exactly what I would have told him--If he'd done what he was supposed to have done, you wouldn't have needed a ride home with somebody else. So it's all his fault, but no, he's trying to turn the tables off himself and pick a fight with you about something else. Put the focus back where it belongs, and that is squarely on him and his not doing the one thing he should have done to have prevented all the rest. Good grief!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• ewwww, double standards suck! and you are right, his behavior is not fair
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Here's a question...what are all his insecurities about a guy from your work driving you home about UNLESS he knows from personal experience what HAPPENS between co-workers of the opposite sex when they get to close....hmmmmmmmmmm!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011