What cruise line would you recommend for young kids?

We want to go on a cruise maybe next spring but my husband nor myself have ever been on one. Our kids would be 6 and 2 at the time of travel...what cruise would you recommend?

I looked into the Disney cruise line and it seems a bit expensive - would probably be cheaper to just fly to Florida.

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 3:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Travel

• I guess would be disney cruise line. But I know costly so might check with a travel agency and see if they have any other ones to recommand. Carnival is to be a good one as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Carnival Cruise line.
    pkillian

Answer by pkillian at 3:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My parents just went on Royal Caribbean and they said it was amazing for kids. They have camps all day for the kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• We plan to do one of the Disney cruises with kids at some point. I hear AMAZING THINGS and you don't have to GO anywhere! The cruise itself is AMAZING. They have baby-sitting play areas that give you a pager for if your child needs you, there are characters everywhere..and there is even an "adults only" area/time for some things!

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 3:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Carnival. Cheaper than Disneuy but with a fantastic kids camp. Heads up..the 2 yr old won't be old enough for any of the camps on any cruise we've been on minimum age was 3.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was gonna say Disney.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't go Carnival - they're known as the party cruise line, and my sister (who went on one) said their kid stuff wasn't great. I was highly impressed with Royal Caribbean's kid stuff - not as much for the 2yo, but good for the 6yo. I think I'd wait a couple of years til the younger is 4 or 5 and then go - there's more them when they're older, and "daycare" is limited.
    Anonymous

• Carnival was the first to come to mind - but do check out Disney.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• We did a Disney cruise last year and we are doing another this year. They are pretty pricey in the summer because that's when there is more demand, but if you pick an 'off time' to go it's a lot cheaper. We went at the end of September which is stilll the middle of hurricane season, but we live in FL, so I know that there are rarely hurricanes in our part of the world at the end of September. The price was good and the cruise was amazing!! We never got off the boat, except at the private island. They have excellent child care. My kids were disappointed everytime we went to pick them up from childcare because they were having so much fun, they didn't want to leave.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Disney is a great value for your dollar - there's nothing like it. -- But also try Norwegian Cruise, Royal Caribbean or Carnival.

Make a list of your needs first and then select the one that meets majority of your needs.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 5:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011