Tampons.. hurting after baby?

Hi ladies. I have only had my period twice in 2 years. I have a 16 month old and I only got my period for the first time since giving birth two months ago. I had a c-section and I breastfed him until he was 14 months. My period came back with a vengence!!! I had it for a month straight! And about 3 weeks of that was really heavy and clotty. My period just ended 2 weeks ago and yesterday it started again. Ive already seen my PCP about this and she says its ok and it will be better within a month or two.

Now I hate using pads because it makes me feel dirty, and now using tampons after so long hurts! Im already cramping enough, but everytime I insert one it makes me cramp even more. Has this happened to anyone else and do you ever get over it after awhile?

MommyAmbie

Asked by MommyAmbie at 1:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• Have you tried using smaller tampons? just change them more often.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I am using the small ones during the day and changing them about every 30 min to an hour. At night im using the supers because im not changing them as much.
    MommyAmbie

Answer by MommyAmbie at 1:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I had this issue. I HATED using pads, but I had to for a while. It took almost a year for me to use tampons again. Good luck.
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Well this happened to me after my 3rd child and he's 18 now and I still can't wear tampons...just get used to the pads...change them often...lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2008