Weight Loss

So far I lost 4 pounds skipping breakfast in the morning but I want to lose another 15 how did you lose? or any good tips?

KColeman90

Asked by KColeman90 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Skipping breakfast isn't the way to go about it. Studies show that people who eat a healthy breakfast within 30-45 minutes of waking lose more weight than those that skip. Visit Dr. Oz's website. He has an excellent plan that you can set up for your needs.

Good luck to ya!!! I've lost a whopping 28 lbs so far and I have about 25 more to go!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I've lost 33 pounds so far. But yeah I agree, skipping breakfast isn't the way to go about it. In fact it's recommended you fuel your body within an hour of getting up. Even if just a protein shake or high fiber bar
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Agree, skipping breakfast is not the right way to do it.

I lost 70 lbs. by stopping second portions all together. I eat smaller portions, drink a ton of water through the day (or crystal light), don't drink soda or juice and limit pasta and bread. I am also mindful of boredom eating and only have a snack if I am really hungry. Also, exercise will be key.
    Anonymous

• I'm with these guys- find a healthy breakfast. Not eating breakfast actually can lead to binging later in the day, and has been shown to lead to higher BMIs. It also jump starts your metabolism when you eat small frequent meals throughout the day. Look at the portions of your other foods. How many fruits and vegetables are you eating in a day? What are you drinking other than water? You shouldn't be drinking anything but water, even diet sodas and juice are not good. How much water are you drinking? Answering these questions truthfully can make a huge difference. Go to mypyramid.gov to get a list of proper portion sizes, and to see what you should be eating in a day. And get moving! Exercise is imperative if you want to have a lean fit body. You'll have more energy, and it'll help melt the pounds off. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• OK, one more vote to NOT SKIP Bfast.
    Check out the National Weight Control Registry to see what successful wt management is all about. No big surprises. Healthy food choices, moderate reductions in fat and overall calories, increased and regular physical activity, and self-monitoring.
    http://www.nwcr.ws/Research/default.htm
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• don't skip breakfast
    spidermonkey090

Answer by spidermonkey090 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Don't skip breakfast. Cut the carbs.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011