A link between climate change and Joplin tornadoes?

http://www.350.org/en/about/blogs/powerful-video-bill-mckibbens-extreme-weather-oped

CHarlan

Asked by CHarlan at 3:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Left/Right...., to me...who cares? The weather is changing regardless of any political parties fighting over who's right/wrong or lying or not,,I don't think the weather cares.
    I personally do not believe all the hype about 'man made' climate change being as bad as they say it is and If they are all so scared to death about it , they sure aren't changing much of their OWN personal behaviors to help it. I don't see the Pres being carted around in a smart car or say, ...IDK, any of these people giving up their personal /business jets and enormous 5,000+ sq ft unnecessary energy sucking homes, yachts, car collections, and whatever else you can think of etc to help these matters. Actions speak much louder than words to me. I just happened to see this questione and have not read all replies. I think there are some definite changes going on but...I don't believe they are "man made", in reference to Joplin Tornado. jmo
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• scientific knowledge and facts have changed since you were in school

They've changed since Thursday? Damn, that's quick.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I know how much the right wing hates science but the connection between climate change and extreme weather is no secret.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The right wing does not question climate change. People need to quit saying "climate change" when they MEAN "man made climate change" which is a completely different concept. Precession causes climate change on a 28k year cycle, anyone who didn't sleep through school knows that. It would happen if we were here or not, and the geological record going back millions of years proves it.

So to get back to the question - you are expressing amazement or concern that the weather had something to do with the weather?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Ohh and I can't open the link now... Will have to check it out later.... Just reading and saw NP's post that brought up an interesting point.. Whether or not it is related to the VIDEO BLOG??
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• So to get back to the question - you are expressing amazement or concern that the weather had something to do with the weather?

lol
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 4:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Hrmmmmmm were THESE 25 most deadly tornado's due to 'man made' climate change, too?  Quite a few of these are back before the SUV's and liberal cries of Global Cooling...  Errrr then called Global Warming... Errrrr Now called Climate Change.. Yea Climate Change.. That's the ticket...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• People need to quit saying "climate change" when they MEAN "man made" climate change

WELL SAID, NP!!!!!!  I believe it is a way for the 'left' to demonize...  Much like calling it immigration laws..  When it is really ILLEGAL Alien laws.... Perhaps they believe~ If they put an emotional spin on the wording, they feel they have gained power?? Hrmmm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Ahhhh! Tornadoes................ Polar bears................... Zombie Apocalypse............................ EMISSION TESTING!!!!

Biggest bunches of BS.....Shit happens and tends to happen all at one freaking time. SMH I am done now, Freaking green freaks and "climate change" BLAH!

sticking out tongue

cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 5:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• NP your JUST now in college.And you insinuate I'm a lazy student.

Wow, have you considered therapy? Perhaps anger management? Your inability to stay on topic is becoming the reputation that's preceding you. Any more clumsy, failed attempts at digs you'd care to try before you just give up making yourself look foolish instead of making a point? You still haven't answered my question - you're concerned that weather is causing weather...why, exactly?

As for your assertions as to your own expertise at global climate science, perhaps you'd be better served to study the impact of what happens when specialized knowledge is disseminated through the filter of the media to the general public. It becomes rumor, half truths and junk science. It's like the nuclear explosion version of the butterfly effect - no fact goes unsinged or unwarped by the end of the cycle.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011