I need advice and if you have to bash go ahead but this is a real problem for me......

Ok when we found out we were pregnant with DD (she is 8 months now) we decided that we wouldn't be placing her pictures online and wouldn't allow anyone else to do so either (it's a long story but end with a friend of mine placing her kids pictures on facebook and a stranger stalking them) so we told the family and though many were upset they stood by our decision since we are her parents......all but DH's mother who has done nothing but throw a fit even going so far as posting this on her blog "I would LOVE to share a photo of her but her mom (ok her mom's mom O.o) doesn't want her photo online, BUT her dad (my son) says go ahead, he wants to share her... but I decided it's better (for now) if I don't share, but trust me she is GORGEOUS!" for the record DH never said it and reamed her for lying so now here is my problem......

MIL and FIL are causing problems threatening to take our DD and unborn child because i won't let them have the kind of visitation they want (if they come to the house i am supposed to leave and not return till they leave......if they want DH and DD to visit i am not invited and should be stranded at home while DH's takes our only car while i am border line high risk pregnancy) needless to say our lawyer said they had no case because we are fit parents and their demands are unreasonable.......Sorry off topic main question is we have stopped photos from going to MIL and FIL but they just contacted DH and said if we don't send pics they would get them from their parents (who we have no problems with unless they start sharing pic with MIL and FIL) so do i stop sending pics or do i give them a warning saying if they can't abide by our wishes then we can't send anymore pictures

sorry i know this is long but i really need advice and maybe some support but feel free to bash i have a thick skin

krissii

Asked by krissii at 4:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Wow, they seriously think they can take the kids because you won't give them PICTURES or leave whenever they want to see the kid(s)?! Just wow...

I honestly don't know what I would do :/ I have no problems sharing pics of my kids (I keep my profile private and no one but my friends can even view my pictures) on the internet. That's kinda sucky that happened to your friend :(
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Well they should abide your wishes you are the mother and its your child that you are looking out for. they should understand that being parents themselves.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They have no merit on taking your kids or trying a lawsuit. They should respect your wishes. Can you print out hard-copies of pictures and mail them to them? Like we did back in the old days? They sound a little cuckoo. Can you find one of those 48 Hours or other news programs with a story about how photos are easily traced? If they could see something about it, maybe they will try to understand...
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It sounds like your ILs might be hitting the crack pipe a little too often. Their demands make absolutely no sense and would hold water in court about as well as a bucket with no bottom. I would definitely stop sending pics and just say, you're welcome to visit, but I'll be there with my children. End of story.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 4:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• they are being ridiculous. you are doing the right thing,
    Aleighasmom09

Answer by Aleighasmom09 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm a bit confused... so DHs grandparents are the ones who would supposedly be sharing the pics? If you tell them no, will they abide by it? You need to ask them if they can abide by it.

I'd consider a restraining order against DHs parents. They sound unbalanced.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• first of all they are taking grandparents rights too far and no I wouldn't let my DH take my child where I'm not welcome and there is absolutely NO REASON for them to expect you to leave your home because they want to come over that's just completely unreasonable. they are your kid's and your rules if they can't abide by them then they can't visit. as for your question I'd stop giving pictures out completely until everyone agrees to abide with your wishes!!!!! I put my kid's picture's online but my settings are to my friends only you can't be too careful about that... it's a very serious issue.

traren

Answer by traren at 4:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• First off it's YOUR daughter & if you don't want her pics online then that's that & if they don't like it then too bad for them!, they can threaten all they want to try & take your kids but that's NEVER happening, if they want to see the grandkids in your house then they have to deal with you being there because it's YOUR house & you dont have to go anywhere if you dont want, or they deal with you there or they don't go over period & if your DH decides to take them to see them at their home then fine you don't have to go. If they keep being ignorant then tell your husband that he better control his parents or you won't let them see their grandkids AT ALL how about them apples?! Remember sweetie their YOUR kids & you do w.e. you want with them if people don't like it then tell them to go kick rocks
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• just stop sending pics all together. you don't want any more problems and if they give a pic to your MIL and FIL then they lose on pics.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011