HOW DO YOU HAVE FUN?

What is that one thing you do for YOURSELF? Do you take an extra long shower or get you hair/nails done? How do you make yourself feel good WITHOUT the kids? I'm only asking because I don't get this time and finally have it today!!! What do I do? I don't have kids and don't want to clean the house it's ME TODAY!!!

watersgirls

Asked by watersgirls at 4:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Shower, dress up with some makeup and...ask a friend to meet you at a coffee shop. It still feels good to look real good just to go do nothing much at all.
    Don't wanna leave the house? Get something done that usually takes the backburner...like organizing those stacks of photos into their albums, or cleaning out that one closet and finally fixing that one thing.
    Me? I try to have at least 3 things I can do for myself as soon as I get the chance. I like to catch up on reading a good book, working on my music, practicing my bellydance, and letter writing.
    Don't feel guilty if you just want to slump on the couch with something to drink while blaring some music.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 7:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Thats a good question.. and i just realized that i dont like being only ME, without my daughter. My mom is watching her 1-2 times/month.. just going for a walk or to the playground to give me and hubby some free time... but i dont really enjoy my time without my little girl. i dont know why. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I take extra long showers =] I turn on my favorite radio station and spend an extra long time pampering myself. I use masks or exfoliators I don't normally use. I give myself a pedicure. I spend an extra long time cooking a nice meal, making sure every little detail is perfect. Then I usually end up on the computer or laying on the bed watching TV haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I know I feel guilty but I'm getting kinda excited just want ideas
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 4:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Ahhhhh. Bubble bath, good book. Feet up in front of the TV watching a good movie. Shopping and treating myself to a quiet lunch. ahhhhhh. :)

Answer by Bmat at 4:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I turn on a good lifetime movie, close the blinds, get under the covers and take a nice nap in the middle of the day!! Then I get up and make dinner lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I paint my toes, read a book, and watch chick flicks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I love to sing. Karoke night. Or bowling. I once had the night alone at home and I watched a movie, made a yummy dinner and drank some wine. It was nice.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 12:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2008