Anybody living a gluten-free lifestyle?

I'm thinking about making the change and was wondering what were your reasons for doing so and how has it been so far?

Ttcbabyclegg

Asked by Ttcbabyclegg at 4:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• I did for a year about 10 years ago when my oldest was diagnosed with autism. I imagine it would be much easier now since there are more and more products coming out gluten free and even some restaurants having gluten free items, but 10 years ago it was hard and expensive! We didn't see any improvement in him even after a year with no gluten, so we stopped.

Answer by missanc at 4:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not me.......good luck with it though!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My mother follows the gluten-free diet because she cannot have it she is allergic to it. It is rather difficult sometimes for her she has to buy special foods and we have two different toasters and stuff like that in our kitchen cause one our stuff has touched it she can't use it because its containmented.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I do. There are many gluten free companies and prodcuts hidden throughout the grocery store, but I also make my own breads alot and have a few gluten free cookbooks. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If you don't have a medical reason to do it, it's not wise. Talk to your doctor first before trying it.
    Anonymous