When you clean toys..........

do you wipe them down by hand, submerse them in a disinfectant (like bleach water or natural alternative), or just spray with a disinfectant (like lyesol)?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 4:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It depends on the toy. If its electronic, I spray with a clorox or lysol disinfectant and wipe down...or if I'm out of that I just make a bucket of soapy water and wipe the stuff down then wipe dry. Small baby toys..like handheld rattles and such..I fill the sink with hot soapy water and put in a little bleach , toss the toys in there and let soak for about 1/2 hour then I wash with a soapy rag, rinse and dry.Other things like stuffed animals..I will usually put those in the washing machine.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I reckon LO's slobber cleans them just dandy.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 4:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• When my daughter was really little, I used that Clorox spray that is really gentle and watered down. But if something got gross, I would throw it away,
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i wipe it down with vinegar and water!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• A lot of their toys I could run through the dishwasher. Now that my boys are older, a bucket of soapy water with a rag cleans most stuff up just fine.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I soaked them in disinfectant.

booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I vote for the dishwasher cleaning method!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011