What kind of hand-held electronic game should I get my almost 7 yr old?

My sons birthday is in August. I figure to get a hand-held electronic game for either his birthday or Christmas, or both.
And where do I get one?Max spending is $50

What is a DS/DS Lite?

silver1diamond

Asked by silver1diamond at 4:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Shopping

• I don't know where you could get one that's age appropriate for $50 - unless you're willing to go used on craigslist? I would recommend a DS.

Answer by missanc at 4:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It depends on the child. My seven year old grandson loves the Leapfrog Explorer game system we bought him. He uses it quite often. We try to keep the focus on educational toys as much as possible and this one suits us well. I am not opposed to a DS but wanted to see how well he took care of this system before graduating to a more expensive one.
    bostonterrio

Answer by bostonterrio at 4:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i would try to find a used ds lite. new, they are $100
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My girls the their wii but also their ds game. Leapster and I think v smile has one out as well. Try game stop since do sell games and machines there a little cheap then most places.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011