We are going to pay for 4 fundraisers by Michelle Obama and TV crews are BARRED from attending....

but there will be a limited "pool" of print reporters allowed in.

Wonder why no TV crews? Are they afraid there might not be enough people in attendance? They don't want newsclips available to be played?

I guess this is more of that "transparency" they said would be in this administration.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/06/13/michelle-obama-hold-california-fundraisers/

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 5:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no obligation under the Constitution or anywhere else to televise fundraising events by anyone

I have scoured the constitution and can not find ANYWHERE that says the tax payers must fund it either.

Just as I have scoured it and found no place saying the government should try to change weather.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

That's funny... I don't see the obligation in the constitution for taxpayers to fund social entitlement programs.... Yet... Here we are.... So, janet~Does the Constitution only apply to you when you can use it against a conservative?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• So, janet~Does the Constitution only apply to you when you can use it against a conservative?

The constitution does not apply in CANADA.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I cannot understand why it so important to you to have a minor event like a fundraiser on television .

Will you also insist that fundraising events for the republican party be televised ?

I should think we should insist that crews not be BARRED. But why don't you worry a bit more about the political climate in CANADA?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Can someone tell me WHY janet cares?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

Not televised. Recorded. Notice the "for news clips." No one wants to watch the whole fundraiser on TV nor implied that they did.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I can see the transparency from here. Oh, wait! Her husband promised to be transparent. She didn't promise anything.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• s this a weird sort of coup mounted by the conservative cabal...

The new insult. It will take a few months for some to understand the use of the rather obscure word. Here. Let me help you since your Alinsky wannabe guide book didn't instruct you to make your insults.According to the good ole web dictionary, cabal means:  a cabal is a group of people united in some close design together, usually to promote their private views and interests in a churchstate, or other community, often by intrigue.  Not that awful really.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• OP, I am not happy about paying for ANYTHING where Mrs. Obama is concerned...her husband either.

Thank you jesse for the info! I am PROUD to be a card carrying member of the "CABAL"!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Hypocrisy... again, as usual, and to be expected. Lets see how much more of our money this administration can waste too!!!

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011