Don't really want to be married anymore..

I've been married almost 5 years and I am really wanting to be single again. I never have really been single. I started dating a guy when I was 15 and we ended our relationship when I was 21 1 month later I met my husband. I do love my husband and I know he is madly in love with me but I just don't want to be tied down anymore. I've considered getting separated but here is my problem. My husband is unemployed at the moment so he takes care of our daughter during the day. Since he has no job he would be unable to live on his own. He has absolutely no one except my mom and my sisters. His mom is in prison and his brothers are all in prison so he would have nowhere to go. My mom told me that if my husband and I ever separated she would take him in but he has no way to support himself or his daughter and the last thing I want is for him to live at my moms. I'm the one that takes care of everything. Even when he gets a job he wouldn't be able to live on his own. He dropped out of high school and wouldn't make enough income to support himself. I married him when he was 19 so he doesn't understand bills and how to live on his own. I was always there to do that for him. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Please help

Eisleysmommy27

Asked by Eisleysmommy27 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• if u really dont want to be with him its not really ur problem what happens to him after... u need to worry about urself not him.. hes a grown man and will figure it out
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Being single isn't all its cracked up to be. But good luck! :0)

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Im sorry but he sounds lazy. Maybe if you told him how you feel. That YOU are always the one to take care of everything and it needs to change ASAP things would get better?

Or tell your Mom you're not comfortable with him living there, and that you need a clean break of him. Living with your Mom isn't a clean break at all!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Don't let his issues stop you from leaving him. Do you really want to leave just so you can be single? Single sucks. Games, drama, loneliness. Think this one through. See if you can fix whatever has gone wrong first. If you are ready to leave, then leave. Not your problem what happens to him.
    SecondChances85

Answer by SecondChances85 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Being single is good for some, maybe not for others. OP needs to find what works for her and take the necessary steps.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 6:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• maybe u & your needs to move on maybe he might grow up take care of his self
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• He needs to step up and get a job and suppport you and your family. There is no reason for him not to have a job. I know the economy is rough right now but damn he could go work at a fast food joint and bust his hump to pay bills.
    Being single is nice...trust me. But also having someone to listen to you and be there for you when you are down is def a plus.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My brother never finished high school and he got a great job cause he made the effort and showed his boss he's a hard worker. So if you feel you need to be single you need to just leave and not worry about him he's a big boy.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't think he's lazy, if he takes care of the little girl. No more than we'd call a SAHM lazy.

Maybe you just need more outside interest.
    Anonymous

• Hmmmmmmmm....call me stupid but something is missing from this story! You love him and he loves you but you don't want to be "tied down anymore". Again, stupid question but why all of a sudden the change of heart? Has someone else been showing you some attention or the possibility of attention from someone else if u weren't "tied down". Again, this is me just being stupid. LMFAO!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011