My DD calls me at work and is upset because the school she

wants to put her ds in, we do not live in the boundries for that one. the school he has to go to is the grade school she went to... long story short. she hated that school. I told her to file for a boundry exception, and all she did was argue with me about it. then i told her that he may just have to do K at "that" school. then she says..... but after K, and i move schools, he wont have any friends.. to which I almost laughed until she said, "I didn't, once I changed grade schools I didn't make any friends and I still don't have any" She's 24 and sounds like she's going on 10...she does have friends, just not too many, and right now everyone is busy with their own families and school just like her. any suggestions on what i can do to help her?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• You have tried to give her advice.
    She didn't do what was necessary to help him change over.
    So her choices are limited now....also, if she does switch him after K...he will make new friends. He's still very young, it's not like changing a 15yo over who might have trouble meeting new kids etc. Little kids are quicker to be friendly, I think.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Sounds like she has issues with making friends and being alone? Friends aren't everything in life. You DID try and help her. You told her EXACTLY what she needed to do, and all she did was argue with you. The only way you can help her further is doing it for her, and thats certainly not going to teach her anything. I JUST turned 23 and I have to do what I have to do. YOU did exactly what a good mother would do. Your daughter needs some more growing up to do.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If she didn't file the paperwork to get the boundary exception. SHE is the child's mother. SHE needs to figure this out. And SHE also needs to realize that HIS experience may be completely different than hers.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Like I said earlier - She's an adult and you told her what she needed to do to get her son into the other school district.

Keep your spine straight and tell her to get over it. She knew what she needed to do and choose not to.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Try to be more understanding. Help her in anyway if u can. Can she use somebodys address that is in the school district she wants her child to go to?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

Answer by dancer 9 minutes ago

she tried to do this, and they said they needed proof of residency...
    nybor48

Comment by nybor48 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011