Suddenly needing to cloth diaper

My 10 month old with a history of some eczema issues has developed the same allergy I had as a baby to disposable diapers. It's horrible and blistery and they pop if he moves too much but luckily my Mom recognized it.

Ok we have 12 prefolds and a cover on the way from amazon but Mom had a diaper service(and it was 21 years ago) so she doesn't remember how many supplies are needed that and I thought maybe it had changed since 1990.

Ok what's the bare minimum amount of supplies for diapering a 10 month old? and we found the prefolds at Walmart but couldn't find to other supplies do any of the big box type stores carry diaper covers and maybe some diaper pins (I know that there are other things like snappis but what we really need is something we can buy today)?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 5:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• in a pinch, you can use a prefold with a swimming diaper quite comfortably. I used to keep both around for the ever popular 'Oh, crap! I forgot to pick up the diapers!' moments of the foggy early motherhood days.

You should really check out the cloth diapering groups on CM. You will get really great, QUICK replies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I recommend the cloth diapering mamas group as well:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Just signed up
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011