Nosy Boss

does anyone out there have an extremely nosy boss? Mine even stooped to the point of asking HR how many vacation days everyone had left... we get our checks every Friday, and on our stub it tells us how many days we have left. He had to ask us... "So, ------ does 6 days sound right for the vacation you have left?" Really??? why would he do that, to me it's just really nosy.... what do you think?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I dislike my boss, but her knowing how many days I have on the books doesn't bother me. What I do with those days is none of her business.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• He may not be nosy. He could be looking at a vacation scheduling conflict. There may have been a problem with the company computer system. The primary system for my business crashed last year...it was a huge pain and I was worried for awhile that we may not have retrieved all the data. I asked everyone to check their paystubs for errors. Of course he could just be nosy!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my boss is a gossip queen nothing is personal or confindential when i got pregnant i had to tell her because of my job duties as a custodian and later that night everyone on nights were asking if i was really expecting! its a shame how grown people act sometimes.
    1_love_2_hearts

Answer by 1_love_2_hearts at 5:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm thinking there might be an ulterior motive for the boss' inquiry ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011