Deciphering labor..

okay guys heres my issue....due in aweek with my dd.. ive been having irregular contractions since thursday.. i have also lost my mucous plug and had my bloody show.... been to the hospital on thursday and on sat... both times they sent me home bc i wasnt open enough.. i am 2 cm and 50% effaced... on thurs i had contractions for 2.5 hrs every 2-3 min and they still sent me home .. on sat they were 4-5 min .. still got sent home... have been having severe back labor for 5 days and contractions,,.went to my ob today and said im still 2 cm so he cant do anything despite the fact im having days of contractions... the hospital tells me to come back when im having contractions every 4-5 min... i told them i do and u guys send me home...so today im having a very bad pain in my lady bits area.. and tons of contractions in my back n lower abdomen... what do i do?/

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go back in- you just need to be more persistant and find an understanding nurse. You are probably dilating more. Even if not- tell them about the pains you are having in the pelvic region... called round ligament pains where your legs and pelvic are holding everything up. I had several days of contractions and then back labor the first time.. It was awful.. I am SO sorry. Hang in there - the light at teh end of your tunnel is getting brighter with each minute that passes
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would wait it out until you cant talk or do anything in between contractions. Its possible to have regular contractions but if they aren't dilating you than your not in real labor. Personally, relax, drink water, and wait for the pain to intensify. You will no when to go in! Most hospitals don't admit you until 4 cm. Just wait it out! Good luck, she will he here sooner than you know it! :)
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 6:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The last Mommy gave you great advice. Wait until they are less than 5 minutes a part and then head in.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011