I caught my 6 yr old son and 8 yr old neighbor girl naked in his room! What do I do?!

OMG Please help me!
I have a son who is 6 3/4 and he plays almost daily with our 8 yr old neighbor girl. This afternoon they were watching Descpicable Me in his room (door open). I was on the main floor feeding my 7 month old daughter and I heard ruckus in his room. A couple minutes later I heard his door slam shut so I went up to see what they were up to. I expected to see juice spilled on the floor or some kind of mess. Instead I find them 2 of them sitting in his closet on the floor. Both no pants or underwear!! I told him to get to the bathroom (at this point he had underwear back on) and told her to get dressed and to go home. When we asked what he was doing he says "I don't know" Whose idea was it? "I don't know." Did you touch each other? "No." and that's all we get out of him. We spoke to her dad and let him know what happened and he is talking to her. Right now my son is just sitting in his room. What do I do? Is this normal?

wasntrdy4tht

Asked by wasntrdy4tht at 5:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This is normal. I think most kids at some point try exploring. Don't yell at hm, just talk to him about what behavior is appropriate.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Oh dear, sorry Momma. Akward but totally normal... ick now you have to talk to that other momma. I am sorry about that even more. It is time to have the when it is appropraite to be nekked talk.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• AWWWW... i know you are Freaking Out but, it really is Normal for them to be Curious about each other at this age- i remember when my son was about 5 & my best friends daughter was 6- they played together everyday & one day we were sitting at the table talking & they were playing outside where we could see them out of the window; they disappeared for a second & when i went to check on them-they were Both Streaking & running around the tree! i was Freaking Out too! No Worries Momma, they probably won't do this again! Lots of luck!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Awkward, but normal. I'm sure they were just curious. Don't make him feel too bad but let him know it's not appropriate, but if he has any questions about girls to just talk to you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• normal but scary! ds did that same thing! and he is 6 1/2 doc said this age its normal for it to happen
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 6:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It is completely normal for kids that age to be curious about what the opposite sex's "business" looks and feels like. Talk to the girls mom and sit the kids down and gently explain what and what not is appropriate. Encourage him to ask questions if he has any but don't push him.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 6:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It is normal but I would still be shocked! Anyway, I would tell her parents and then go from there.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 6:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• This is normal. Just supervise closer in teh future.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i see alot of previous posters say it's normal..i'd have to disagree...i'd be shocked!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think most people would be shocked, but it is in our human nature to be curious. I dont think I would let them watch a movie in his room though, they would be watching it in the family room if it were me, but I am just like that just like there will be no computers in bedrooms etc......its all about monitoring.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011