Why is it they pass a law that you are not supposed to talk

on your cell phone or text while driving, and yet..... just about every car i pass they have their phone up to their ear???? WHY... okay talking on the phone doesn't really bother me, it's the texting while driving, who in thier right mind thinks that texting and driving were ever meant to go together? (sorry ranting)

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The GPS and center computer console should also be made to not take input while the car is in drive. What a distraction!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If they pass a law, they should be prepared to enforce it . If they cannot enforce it , then there is no sense in passing it in the first place . It is enforced where I live but people still risk breaking it as there is always a chance of getting away with it , just like speeding .

It is surprising how some people seem to lose their commonsense when they get behind the wheel of a car .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i totally agree. in my state talking on the phone and driving isn;t a law yet but i forget when i drive into the next state in which it is illegel. and yes texting and driving is horrible.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They think they won't get caught. Some states also have it as a secondary offense, instead of a primary offense. Washington, for example, had it as a secondary offense, so a cop could not pull you over just for talking on your phone. But if you were speeding, or ran a stop sign, the cop could pull you over, and then ticket you for the phone use. But they just changed it to a primary offense, so now they can pull you over for just the phone use.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The laws are made to be broken,according to some really amoral people,in my opinion. And they would be the first ones to complai about it of somen hit THEM while talking on their cell phone. Its all relative. Some people are just dishonest and only care about themselves and their own safety.
    I think BOTH texting and talking on a cell phone deserves a ticket. And they had better enforce the law.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think blue tooths are ok, it's almost like have someone in the passenger seat talking to you... However, if you having to hold the phone to you ear, or texting, that's a problem. People become reckless because they think, " it'll never happen to me". As for the gps ( imaginationmama) our built in one, has certain ones you can not access, like typing in sn address, or searching while in drive.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• we just have a no text and drive law here. not sure how the cops would handle no talking and driving, just about every cops i see is on their phone
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011