I met someone...?

I've posted on here about my pending divorce and I've filed now. Well, last friday I ran into this guy that I haven't seen in a while. I never thought that anything would happen between us because we were both married and together we have 6 kids. But, come to find out he just recently got divorced too. I realize that I should be careful what I do and so on especially around my kids, but I really like this guy and now I'm not sure how to go about talking to him etc. I haven't so much as looked at another guy in 7 years and now I'm ready to take that step but I'm not sure how. Can someone give me some tips or something. I have no idea what I'm doing.

2_amazing_boys

Asked by 2_amazing_boys at 6:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• just got for coffee. you can be friends. nothing has to happen yet. just take it slow and be honest. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• take it slow have coffee & maybe lunch talk about life good & bad just be care ful
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• have a play date with the kids at a park or something. you will get a feel if the kids get along and can have a no commitment type chat with him while they are playing
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 6:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My advice is do nothing. Learn how to be single. You need time to recover from you the end of your marriage. Don't rush into any kind of relationship. Don't get emotionally involved with anyone.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• One step at a time mom, little steps will get you were you want to be, get together with all of those kids and have fun with the guy, good luck, maybe this will be that soul mate you have been wanting....

Answer by older at 6:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thanks sooo much. I don't want to go head first into it that's for sure. We're both going thru essentially the same thing and maybe that will help too. I just had no clue how to even go about talking to another guy. (I wasn't allowed when I was married) I'm not ready for a relationship I know that, but a friend I could use. Thanks sooo much.
    2_amazing_boys

Comment by 2_amazing_boys (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• At first glance I kind of agree with Meooma, however we do not know your situation, if your husband only recently moved out and your going through a divorce I would wait, but you say you havent looked at anyone for 7 years, have you been separated for 7 years? If thats the case I am sure maybe you would feel like you were ready to move on, in that case I would take it slow coffee, lunch dinners etc for a few months completely separate from the kids and then see how you feel.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011