Isn't there something special about the smell of roses?

I have a bouquet in my office right now and the scent is so lovely ~

I even bought a new rose bush in the distressed plant section at Lowe's.  I have no idea what color it is but the plant was half off and in good shape.  My indulgence with my birthday less than 2 weeks away.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes...when I think of the smell of roses, the word "pure" comes to mind for some reason. Such a unique scent..tantalizing:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 6:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• roses can have varying scents, or hardly any scent at all. personally, i do like some of the scents they give off..others, not so much.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• im not a rose person myself but i like the scent sometimes. its nice very summery
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 6:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have several rose bushes in my yard and right now they are in bloom. And it smells wonderful. As soon as I pull in the driveway the scent just hits me. I wish I had goten different varieties that bloomed at different times so I could always have some in bloom.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not a fan of either roses or their scents-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I love the scent of roses! We have a teeny rose bush that looks like no one has ever paid any attention to it, so I got all the weeds from around it and gave it something to climb, and it rewarded me with blooms just a week later!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Roses seem to be a love or hate plant. I love them, so you can never have too many and they always smell good to me that is.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I love roses. I also love the smell of roses. I planted red roses about 6 years ago. This year they were flourishing. I have not posted any pictures yet. But, I will take the time out one day soon and post pictures. I also noticed that you have a birthday coming up soon. I also have a birhday on June 15th.
    Patricia587

Answer by Patricia587 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011