Small red bumps on penis

My son is 5 years old and when I was giving him a bath I noticed a couple small red bumps on the shaft of his penis. Has anyone else noticed this on their boys and if so what is it? Is this something that needs medical attention or are they just hair follicles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• my son had this recently and my husband thought it was because he had gotten sweaty and it chafed or something he put baby powder on it and it went away
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 6:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• let him air dry, put some cream on it.. some bag balm. or some powder
    Anonymous

• My son also is 5 and he has had the same things...i think its prob just from it rubbing on his undies...i noticed his also while giving him a bath. I put desitin on it with a qtip and put baby powder on top to kinda make it stick and it was better the next morning...heat rash maybe. Im sure boys/guys get pretty sweaty down there.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my son had that when he was that age and i think all of you are right
    WinterPup

Answer by WinterPup at 4:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011