I can't seem to get it going and keep it going, help?

A couple months ago I started, or rather tried starting a refurbishing furniture buisness. I have sold 1 peice. I haven't finished anything else to sell. I have noticed that either I don't have time or I don't have money. I still really want to do this and my husband just put elctricity in the shed so I can work on rainy days but with a toddler, keeping my house, and a pt job I have trouble balanceing everything and this has been tossed out the window.
How can I do this with out going over board? I want to start out small, test the waters, then build on that. How do i balance everything and get my work done?

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 7:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• You have to set priorities. Make a schedule and stick with it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Do a set amount each day.

I would have to say furniture is a tough business right now because furnishing a house is trending backward at the moment.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• why don't you do things that people already own,, for example, I have an amazing hutch I would like re-done, you could ask for a deposti, and you could buy the materials with the money, then create a time line for when it is finished, nap time, early morning, it would probably go better when you know you have to finish something!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• email me at kbressan@msn.com and i will send you the form i use to plan my week. sounds like you just need a schedule. kimigogo has a great idea too. Good Luck mama!! You can do it!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yeah you need to sit down and set yourself a schedule, say on such and such day/s you will work on this from X to X and then STICK with it!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• In my area people are really into the refurbished/revamped peices. The one peice I sold was a chair from the thrift store. I paid 5 bucks for it. Put 20 into sanding, staining, and recovering the seat. It sold for 50. I was also offered a spot in an antique mall from the owner who seen some of the stuff i had done to my own home.
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladies for all suggestions! I want this and then maybe if I am lucky I can quit my PT job and stay home with DS all the time.
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011