Right now I need to pray..

This is going to sound like the stupidest question in the world but how do you pray? Right now alot of stuff is going on and I just really need this. Thankyou. I've tried before but I always just didn't feel 'connected' or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just find a quiet space and start talking to him. He listens no matter where we are or what we are doing. If you can't find a quiet space, just talk to him in your head. It's easy and it doesn't have to be anything special.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Thats kind of hard to explain... It not like making a speech or anything... Just get in a quite place and think about everything that is going on in your life and ask God to take control of all of the situations.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yea you don't have to do it fancy or anything. Just get somewhere by yourself thank the lord for what you do have and ask him for help with your problems. I'd suggest not to complain though...Just ask him for help and guidence in the area's you need it in your life.
    Anonymous

• Just talk. There isn't a wrong way to do it. Just do it from your heart. It's like the rule I have for my meditation practice - it doesn't matter what happens or how it goes, what matters is just simply that I do it.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Its hard talking to a person when you really dont know them right? Let alone see them. Know that He created us . He loves us. He forgives us.Know that when you dont ahve anyone to turn to or when you think that no one udnerstands, He does. He is greater than our worries, greater than our problems, greater than money, or the lack of money. Hes greater than stress. So pray for Him to give you peace, and believe that God has the upper hand in your life. That through Him, we can receive ultimate happiness. Think about this, go to a quiet room and close your eyes, and pray. Doesnt have to be fancy or anything . Conversate with God and tell Him whats on your mind. Actually , this sounds like a good idea for me right now. Talk to ya later.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• This might sound cheesy,but I learned PRAY, Praise, Repent, Ask, Yield. That's what I do when I don't know what else to do.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Just talk to Him....that is all it is. he doesn't care about words...just do it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh no, I'm sorry that you're feeling unconnected. God is your friend, talk to Him like you would any other friends. Keeping a prayer journal might be very helpful for you, too. It's great to go back 3 months prior and see what you were praying about and realize that it was answered. And remember that God doesn't always give us what we want when we want it. He knows what's best for us and will give you what you need when you need it.
    You might want to go to a prayer meeting at a local Church, a lot of times there isn't a lot of praying at the meetings unfortunately, but you may get a better idea of how you pray.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Talk to God and tell him your worries. Cast all your cares on the lord God and Jesus Christ our lord and savior. They have been waiting on you to talk to them and ask them to help you. I pray that you will receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior.

Submit yourself to him and he will start to change everything in your life. He loves you and he wants you to be happy. Jesus came to give us all life and life more abundantly.

Sincerely,

Tabitha Variance
    variance001

Answer by variance001 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'll pray in agreement with you send me a message. Blessings! I remember hearing once or twice. People are either beginning a trial, in the middle of a trial or coming out of a trial. Sad but true. I would love to pray with you. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008