Most important factor when buying your skin care/makeup?

When buying any specific makeup/skin care product thats a must have for you, what is THE ultimate factor for deciding what's best: Is it price, indgredients, brand, ect. I wanna know ladies why is it you buy the brand you do and have you ever switched brands before? ANd why?

angela627

Asked by angela627 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Shopping

• That is does the job right price isn't such a big factor. The reason why I say that if you save money and you bought it to do something spefic then what is the point you just wasted money. Shampoo and Contionder I switch from time to time, but other than I don't
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 7:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I agree! We all have our specific items that we without question will not change and rarely open to try something new. Shampoo/Conditioner I have switched a number of times until I found one that was the best for my hair. Makeup/skincare I have my favs that I have always used but I have to say if I came across something that I knew was positively better or better for my skin AND less expensive than what I buy at the Department store then I would possibly be open to trying BUT only if AND ONLY if I could return it and get my money back if I wasn't satisfied:) I know Rite-Aid used to let you do that. Not sure if thats still an active policy though! Not even sure if RITE-AIDS are still around.LOL
    angela627

Comment by angela627 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I switch brands all the time because today.,...mfr's keep coming out with new items faster than I can keep up with. I find one thing that works PERFECT...buy the time I run out, they've discontinued that particular product and I'm forced to try another.
    Same goes for mascara...I can't keep up. That's why I buy different brands. Alot of times it's just a color I like that's unique, like lipstick for example.
    I do not use any foundation and haven't for probably 30 years. I just think it looks unnatural no matter what and I don't like all this gloppy coverage. I like "real skin". Maybe a tad of concealer, then powder. Just my preference though.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• @KellyGirlTX!! COMPLETELY AGREE! They are always changing and coming out with the "newest" better thing and we follow suit and continue to buy because they tell us it's better, "new improved formula", limited edition, ect. We all know us women have 85% buying power in the world and they know too which is why everything is marketed to us. Why not turn it around on them and tell them exactly what we want, how we want it and what we are willing to pay for it. LOL! Just a thought! idk tired and time for bed!
    angela627

Comment by angela627 (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I try new things depending on the price. I wont spend more than $10.00 for any cosmetic
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm a big fan of Paula Begouin "The Cosmetics Cops" reviews in her books "Don't Go to the Cosmestics Counter Without Me" http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Cosmetics-Counter-Without-Cosmetic/dp/1877988340/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1308082046&sr=8-1

and her online Beautypedia.
    http://www.beautypedia.com/
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i want it to do the job right within my price range. i'm not one to buy mac makeup. i cant justify spending that kind of money on myself just for makeup. covergirl tinted moisturizer is better than anything i've tried and its cheap.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 7:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011