If you had trouble conceiving, how did you take the news when friends/family around you got pregnant?

If you had to try for a long time and a family member or friend got pregnant right away, or when not trying at all, how did you take the news??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• We have been trying for a 4th baby for over a year now. In the last 6 months my sister (not married), 2 cousins and 2 friends have announced that they are preggers! Although I am sooo excited for them 3 of them it is their 1st I am a biit jealous!!!!!.... maybe they could send me some of theirr water!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Well, my sister and I were due around the same time (her in mid April, me in early May) and I ended up losing my baby right after she had hers. So, it was hard being around my nephew at first (whom is now 5 and I love him to death). THEN, after our stillbirth, we took 4 YEARS to get pregnant..finally did after taking vitex. She is now 15 months :-) Anyway, it's hard. After I lost my baby, a lot of old classmates that I linked up with on social networking sites, were pregnant and having newborns....TOUGH.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• very quietly i wasnt fake about it i was happy for them but not as involved as the people around
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• That was one of the hardest parts for me. I have a sister that has absolutely no problems, then all my friends seemed to be getting pregnant and what was really hard for me was teens who didn't even want a baby....I managed to be happy for them but it hurt a lot inside. Thankfully I have a great husband who let me cry on his shoulder, sometimes literally. Thankfully my struggle wasn't as long as some and we concieved in about 2 years. We now have a 16 year old daughter and identical 13 year old daughters.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 9:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I just had a miscarriage at the end of may so right now I find it hard to be around pregnant women or kids.. I even cry being around my 4 year old daughter and it makes me feel like shit.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 9:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011