My husband got a DUI, and is now wearing a SCRAM bracelet,,,what do you think of this?

Okay, I am 44 years old and drink a couple of glasses of wine or beer about 3 times a week, my husband got a DUI, his first offense and has to wear an alcohol monitor for 30 days.. We are past the you are silly and you could have killed someone phase, I have been more gracious than any wife should be considering the money he has spent on doing a VERY stupid thing,,, so here is the kicker, he expects me not to drink AT ALL while he is wearing the bracelet,, I said tough titty said the kitty! YOU chose to drive your stupid butt, after you had made arragngements to be the SOBER driver! I never drink and drive, and he hardly ever drinks ,,, so should I abstain to make the poor baby feel better or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• He made the mistake not you..have ur wine missy!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• There should be no need, unless he is an alcoholic. If he was not an alcoholic, it wouldn't be a big deal.

But, if he is asking you to abstain, chances are that is is more dependant on the alcohol then you think. In that case, you should probably abstain, and the two of you should have a heart-to-heart to see if there is a problem or not.

Unfortunately, once a spouse starts to have problems with addiction, we have to ban the substance from the house :(
    Anonymous

• I think that if my husband went through the same thing I would have no problem giving up alcohol for 30 days. Solidarity.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• NO, you drink responsibly. In this one instance he didn't. He's the one who suffers the consequences for his poor judgement, not you. Drink up and enjoy.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no. if you never drink and drive why should you should be punished for something he did.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If he complains, tell him to put on his big boy pants and deal with it!
    Let him suck it up!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If you don't drink very much as you stated, then what's the big deal about NOT drinking for a month?
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Hell no! If one of your kids was being punished with no desert, would you tell everyone else they couldn't have it either?
    Anonymous

• I don't see the big deal in not drinking for the next 30 days.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Honestly he doesn;t have a problem,,, he has been to all of these drinking classes, and he thinks that if I won't do it IT means I have a problem,,, I said I have never been in trouble one day in my life,, and if I want to have my wine (not alot) that is my right!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011