Is it hoarding?

I have kept some of my son's baby clothes. Not all of them, just some from key points in his life. His first birthday, what he wore home from the hospital and some others.

My husband does not see the need for this. My son is eight now and he thinks they should go. We have pictures that is enough. He doesn't really keep anything.

HollyBoBolly

Asked by HollyBoBolly at 7:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I would hang on to them and pass them to your son when he has a child.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not to me, I would keep them too
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It's not hoarding unless you have stuff coming out of your ears :) LOL!

But, I have a hoarding phobia because my mom is a bit of a hoarder. So, I haven't kept anything. Out, out, and out. If it is not being used, it is out.

I also got rid of the box of my old stuff that my mom gave me. Out.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No that is not hoarding. I don't see anything wrong with keeping a few things here and there (I do it too). They are only a baby for so long.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• That was my idea too. My mom kept my baby clothes and I loved looking through them. Hoarder is like a curse word around my house. It is the ultimate insult. His grandmother has a horrible hoarding problem, and my mom is really disorganized and doesn't take care of anything.

Nothing has sentimental value in his eyes.
    HollyBoBolly

Comment by HollyBoBolly (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think hoarding is when you have more stuff than you have room. If this box of clothes is preventing you from having an organized home and you are having to crawl over it to get to the stove than yes, you should get rid of it. If not then there's is nothing wrong with having a memory box or two.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• nah, just keep them in a Keepsake box, he will want to look at those when he is older!
    AmberDanielle02

Answer by AmberDanielle02 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• OMG,, I bet my hubbs wishes he was married to you,, as long as you have room to keep it,, I say do it,, it was really cute, I had my son's picture taken in an outfit she had saved of my brother's for almost 40 years, she has them side by side on her piano!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It's less than one drawer in my son's dresser. The only reason he knew it was there is because I decided to go through his clothes and get rid of the ones he just grew out of. A very anti-hoarding thing to do if I do say so myself.
    HollyBoBolly

Comment by HollyBoBolly (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have one outfit for every size my DS has ever worn( a few special toys as well) and he is almost 7. One day he will appropriate these things.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011