Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can someone get custudy when they don't know where the other parent lives?

My new boyfriend ex girlfriend, who he has a child with but has never been able to see him because she wouldn't let him. She lives in another state and wants to move back but wants to stay with him. She has it in his head that the only way he can see his son is if he does everything her way and lets her stay there. I try explaining he can fight for his son, but he makes a good point saying if she doesn't come back to co he has no way of telling anyone where she is because she wont tell him. I just don't know what to do, and how to help him. Our relationship is going to end all because she is controlling him.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • The state will find her! As long as he has her name! My friend went thru this same thing! All he needs is her whole name, he has that right??? They will track her down if thats what he wants! Just know he stands the chance of having to give child support, the courts rarely take a child from the mother unless she is very unfit if that makes sense?

    Answer by shauna9909 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • yup make sure you have the social and she can be found and be made to allow this man to see his child. he just has to make sure and follow through. sounds like he might hope that they can get back together and is getting your approval to say then let her move in with you.

    Answer by melody77 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.