Anorexic

Im 8 1/2 months preg. Before I got preg I was very weight conscious. I would go days && weeks without eating and at 5'7 weighed 113. I looked like a twig but I was skinny. Im so scared that after I have this baby im going to go back to that. Does anyone have any advice I know its not good. I just can't seem to help it.

CourtneyAnn8690

Asked by CourtneyAnn8690 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• Going days and weeks without eating is well beyond weight conscious. You need to seek therapy from someone experienced in treating eating disorders. Good luck.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Here's something that might motivate you. Dd you know that if you store more calories when you don't eat? Therefore you will gain tons more weight if you do eat. Your body will go in to starvation mode and store all fat and calories long after you've recovered from the eating disorder. That's why a lot of time you see people with former E.D's that are chunky when they decide they want to return to normal eating habits. Also, if you can discipline yourself that much for something unhealthy that has a bad outcome in the end can't you discipline yourself to eat healthy? Fruits and vegetable will make you feel better and No, that saying ana's tell themselves "Food will make me fat." isn't true. That on;y apply's to junk food not organic food. So eat organic and it will give you healthy nourishment. You might want to look in to Veganism. There's some groups here on CM. Vegan's have 0% cholesterol and are healthy.
    Anonymous

• I am 5ft7 and I weight 107lbs...!!! I eat tonnes.

I think that you will be too concerned about your child...breastfeedin you will HAVE to eat well in order to have a good milk supply and feed your baby efficiently. Eat plenty of fruits and greens and you can remain slim. I weigh less than you did...and I eat tonnes and tonnes and my son who is 1 year old is still breastfeeding mainly and massive! So you can have the best of both worlds. And I dont diet..I eat what is healthy just tonnes of it and I have boundless amounts of energy and so does my son.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008