Do you take a multi-vitamin? If so....................

Doctors recommend we take a daily multi-vitamin because we're not getting the nutrients we need from food we eat. So if you take a daily vitamin supplement which one do you regularly use, and why? How much do you spend a monthly for them and do you take them because you actually feel a difference or because you know your supposed to??

angela627

Asked by angela627 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• I just take the Wal mart version of One A Day for women
    cause I have to

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I use One-A-Day for women because it has extra calcium, vitamin D and is iodine-free. (Iodine is bad for the thyroid if you have that in your family).

I used to use Centrum, but it made me so nauseous, and had iodine.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i still take pre-natal vitamins because i like them lol. when i take them my hair grows faster and didn't fall out once i stopped nursing like most other women i know. before i was a mother i took centrum. it really made a difference for my energy levels and also i didn't get sick as much.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You're not likely to notice a difference in the way you feel as soon as you start taking vitamins, or just significantly improving the way you eat. But some supplements can produce pretty rapid results. If you are deficient in CoQ10, or have heart trouble or diabetes, you will probably notice an increase in energy within a day or two -- some people within minutes.

I take a bunch of supplements. I have for many years.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I take a multi-vitamin because I have a very small appetite and don't eat very much food in a day.

I buy Costco's own brand.  You get a years supply and they're really cheap.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i actually do feel a difference! I take the one source women's multi bc 3 months after havin my daughter i havent been takin my vitamins and i got so weak at one point i could hardly get up to care for her and all so i started taking these vitamins and feel more energetic and strong!
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 3:35 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• A mulitvitamin is useless ... it's too generic to serve the general population since everyone's needs are different and the current RDA of each vitamin is much lower than what our human bodies need in this day and age. They are also filled with junk you don't need ... fillers, artificial colorings, etc.

I do take vitamins and it makes a huge difference in my life. I never get sick, I have constant energy, I sleep better, etc. I have used vitamins to stop cold sores in their tracks, to aid in helping an imbedded wart, for weight loss, constipation, etc. Once you know how the human body works and what it needs in the form of diet and nutrition, you can lead a very healthful, drug-free life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2011