What are the best products for dry, sensitive skin?

Help. My skin is super dry and sensitive. What do you guys use for:

Shampoo
Body Wash
Cream
Lotion
Conditioner

I have really bad reactions to "organic" products that have a lot of plant products in them.

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 7:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Cetaphil products are available in the drug store and are safe for sensitive skin.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I used to be the same way but not anymore. Best thing ever is to stop using traditional OTC products that contain ingredients known not only to exacerbate skin conditions like dry or sensitive skin but that are also toxic. Dove is one of the most irritating/problematic products out there. What kind of reactions are you getting from organic products?

Stay away from body wash, it's filled with SLS and foaming agents to make it soap up but it is so damaging to the skin. I use the Kiss My Face olive oil soap; it has 3 ingredients (olive oil, water, salt) and it not only cleans but it can be used to shave your legs because it has that "glide" factor. Use jojoba oil or organic, extra virgin, hexane-free coconut oil for your moisturizer. Try an SLS-free shampoo to see if it helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• mary kay has some great products. i would be happy to send you samples or you could contact a local consultant at www.marykay.com. As far as shampoo and condtioner and body wash: have you tried DOVE products? My son has super sensitive and dry skin and dr has us using plain DOVE bar soap (have it for sensitive skin) PLUS Eucerin cream in the tub. Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I love aveeno for baby has always worked for me, on everything.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Oh, i get contact dermatitis from anything that has flower or herbs listed. Avalon, Shikai shampoo, Traders Joes . . . I also react to castille soap. It makes my skin red and cracky. California baby even gets me.

Arbonne is the worst for me. The mascara even makes my eyes red.

Cetaphil and Lubriderm don't make me react, though. I am having trouble with shampoo, though.
    ImaginationMama

Comment by ImaginationMama (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011