Are glass baby bottles bad for infants

Question above.

sierra_617

Asked by sierra_617 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If they drop/throw it,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I had some glass bottles, but I was so exhausted as a new mom, that I dropped a few of them and had to deal with infant AND broken glass.

So, I got rid of the glass and used the PCB free bottle.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• That's what I use, I don't see how they could be bad for infants. I have even dropped one on my kitchen floor and it didn't break. I used plastic for my twins and it was the worst decision! They were horrible and got so nasty! I love the glass ones.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Glass bottles are way better than plastic, because they clean up so well and there's no contaminants that can leech into the drink. Just make sure you inspect them and if there's any chips or cracks in the glass, recycle the bottle straight away. I breastfed and barely used any baby bottles at all with any of my six kids, but when I had to, it would be glass if possible.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• if you're worried about breaking them, they make rubber sleeves that go over them and that really works well to prevent breaking when you drop them. my sister used glass bottles and loved them. i think she only broke one (and it was a freak accident lmao)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I prefer glass to plastic because it seems that I can get it cleaner... The plastic ones always seem to feel grungy, no matter what I do...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i love the glass ones! and i bought a lil sleeve for them in case i dropped them at 2am lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They are actually safer than plastic bottles from a BPA standpoint but you just have to be careful about not dropping them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2011