Baby with a stuffy nose...

My 2 month old is so stuffy at night that he cant hardly take his bottle. i have tried sucking it out with the AYR saline drops and a bulb, and we have baby vicks rub, a nebulizer, a humidifier, and have elevated his head.. I have also tried giving an albuterol breathing treatment. what else can I try? he just got over bronculitus, and pneumonia.

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 8:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your doctor might prescribe prednisolone, but otherwise you seem to be doing everything possible. Maybe move to a warm climate, although that's no guarantee of an end to his respiratory woes either. All my kids had the same issues up to about 10 years of age, every winter: croup, brochial problems, pneumonia, asthma triggered by colds. They grow out of it eventually, but OMG it can be scary in the meantime. But yeah, it sounds like you've got lots of good advice with what you're doing already.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Have you tried sitting in the bathroom with a hot shower running? Sometimes the steam helps to clear them up.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 8:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My two month old daughter did the same thing (she's now 3 mths) i took her to the daughter 4 times bc they wouldnt give her anything bc she was so young and kept tellin me it would get better but she just kept gettin worse.. we had to humidifier and all too and used the saline drops and all too but try puttin him in his carseat to sleep at night.. thts the only way mackenzie could get some relief with the stuffiness .. hope this helps!
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2011