Have you ever been to an awkward party???

So we went to a Christmas party and there were 4 other couples there. The hosts of the party are very sweet, good-natured people and we really like them. The only problem is all of their get-togethers are so awkward. Nobody talks to eachother and when I try to strike up a conversation I get one word replies. It is seriously easier to pull teeth. Has this ever happened to anybody-please explain. And how do you get people to talk???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds disasterous... I tend to stay clear of all social gatherings. I hate them. Even family affairs. It's not very comfortable for anyone.. My experience is that's why alcohol is always served. However, I realize there are certain circumstances where this might happen, so I guess I would just find the person I was most comfortable with and start talking to them.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yes. We recently went to DH cousin's 40th bday party and I was the ONLY white person there lol.. Talk about being awkward lol
    Anonymous

• You were the only white person there-hahahhaha. I bet you stuck out like a sore thumb.
    Anonymous

• lol and then some!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i went to a babys first bday party and my fam was the only white family! too.... it was awkward
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 5:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If you are friends with the host, then maybe yall could talk about the silence thing & maybe come up with a plan that would be the long term Ice breaker. Good luck
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 6:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008