Smores???

have you ever made smores at home without a fire if so how did you do it? (pregnant and craving smores lol)

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 8:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Toaster oven. Just pile everything in and set it for 5-8 mins and keep an eye on it.
    EternalDiesirae

Answer by EternalDiesirae at 8:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yes, but i used fluff.

I took some graham crackers, put some chocolate on a few & placed it in a pan on the stove on low, this helps warm up the crackers & melts the chocolate. I then spread another cracker with fluff & stuck them together.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• haha...yeah toaster oven would work too. i did not have marshmallows that day...but fluff worked well.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• DO NOT EVER TELL MY MOTHER!.....When i was a teenager I used to roast marshmallows over a candle using a tooth pick.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 8:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• DH and I used to roast marshmallows over the flame on the gas stove! LMAO!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thank you for all your answers @ cueballsmom LMAO!
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Lay down one graham cracker on a microwave-safe plate. Then, put down the chocolate, then a layer of marshmallow. Nuke it for about 5 to 10 seconds. Put the second graham over the top. Viola! A 21st century smore that is fit for a king!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My favorite way to make a smores is to melt it with a reese's peanut butter cup. delicious!
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 8:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i have done this with a gas stove as well as an electric coil stove.....just put the marshmallow on a meat fork or skewer and put the burner on high. hold the marshmallow about 2 or 3 inches from the burner (or flame). when it is browned to your liking, just make a smore like you would at a campfire lol. it takes a couple of minitues, but it is the best way to recreate a 'real' smore!!!!!!!!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have done it in the microwave as well. I think it was my second pregnancy I wanted them all of the time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011