If your legs looked like this...

would you wear shorts??? I have had 10+ sugeries on my leg and have bad scars. I have NEVER worn shorts (except when I was very little) b/c of them.  It will be 105 outside and I am in jeans. So for the first time in FOREVER I wore shorts the other day and no one said anything to me or looked at me weird....the next day I went to the doctor "female doc" (i wore pants that day) she went on and ON about the scar saying "I bet you get asked alot about it" "man that is one destinct scar" and just kept going on about it rubbing it and all. Totally making me feel bad like I should NEVER EVER wear shorts......I am going to the beach in a week and really hate to wear jeans on the beach (I have everyother time but know I would feel better in shorts) So is my scar and leg really that bad to be in jeans in 105 weather?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• No it's not bad at all because the hec with what other's think-I know I know easier said than done but hey why should you roast because of surgeries that you needed.Everyone has a flaw somewhere on they're bodies etc.. I myself can relate to you but in a very different way-For years I was a cutter and I as a result have permanent scars all down my legs,arms etc.. I used to cover up now if people ask I just say I was running through the prickly bushes in younger days and leave it at that,lol..I just got sick of roasting to death and now I live my life-hang in there and maybe get a new dr. that is more sensitive to your needs/wants-all the best-hugz-remember-inner beauty is the important thing!
    Gemini5

Answer by Gemini5 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ya know... DAMN STRAIGHT I would wear shorts! And with tons of pride too! These are battle scars that you need to show off with pride!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't think it is that bad, aside from the scar your leg is shapely girl!

Answer by older at 8:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• ppl who feel the need to point out such things have insecurities of their own. I say wear shorts and be comfortable in your own skin--literally and figuratively. life is too short to give a crap about what other ppl think IMO. ;D
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 8:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Girl,don't be afraid to wear shorts!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• sport those shorts!v there is no problem with your scar. you might get worse comments if your at the beach with jeans! i would be way more apt to say who the heck is wearing jeans to the beach, than even notice a scar. Rock those shorts this summer!
    AmberDanielle02

Answer by AmberDanielle02 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Wear shorts!!! OMG some people are morons! It's just a scar, for heavens sake, don't let it spoil a great day at the beach (or anywhere else). I was a bit reluctant to get back into shorts after getting some nasty varicose veins on the back of one of my legs from my 6th pregnancy, but hell, life is too short to fret over such trivial things.. If someone doesn't like the way your legs are, they don't have to look! :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. Dress how you feel you are most comfortable. You are fine.
    EternalDiesirae

Answer by EternalDiesirae at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yeah, i probably would. I have scars galore on my tummy, but i still wear a bikini.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would wear shorts on the beach.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011