Is it a good idea to move in with in-laws immediately after the wedding?

Fefita

Asked by Fefita at 8:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• sure, if you got along!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not really, after the wedding you need to get to know each other all over again, you need your privacy etc, I don't think it is a good idea even if you do get along with the in laws.

Answer by older at 8:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Good idea or not if it is the best option then that is where you go. Nothing says it has to be a permanent situation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not sure if that is ever a good idea.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it depends.....if you just need some place to stay while you find a house to buy (and already have the money saved, approved for financing, etc.) then i think it's fine. if you are looking at living there while you are just starting to save then i would not advise that.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, not unless you absolutely HAVE TO. If you can't afford to have your own apartment or house, maybe you need to wait a while and save money to get your own place.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Is it ever a good idea to move in with the inlaws? I love mine but it would be out of sheer desperation if I moved in with them.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 8:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'd shoot myself...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• In my head, I screamed NO DON'T DO IT!!!!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, the new couple needs space.. Moving in with in-laws should be a last resort when things get tight.. Job loss, death, sickness etc.. Not hey, lets get married and move in with your parents kinda thing..KWIM

I know in some cultures it is standard, but if it's not part of your culture I say.. get your own place..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011