How can i move this pregnacy along lol?

am 37 weeks an 1cm an 7o percent effaced how can i move this along an go into real labor. i want this baby now.

BOOKER123ABC

Asked by BOOKER123ABC at 8:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your little one might not be ready at this point. I wouldn't really start trying anything until after you have reached the 40 week mark and then you could still be waiting another couple of weeks. The wait is not fun but worth it in the end.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• ya but my doc said she is full term so i dont see y i cant am in alot of pain an she needs out lol an trying to walk an i was a week over due for my other one an realy cant talk that with this one its only three weeks away
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Truly at this point her little lungs could not be developed all of the way and the doctor really has no idea until your little one is actually delivered. I was told at one point that my third was going to be my smallest baby, no bigger than 6 lbs and she was over 9. Doctors can say all they want but they truly do not know until that baby is actually delivered. I have been where you are at and actually I am 37 weeks tomorrow. I have been late with two of mine and although it can be miserable it is important to let your baby have all the time that they need in there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Sounds like what you want & what your baby wants are two different things, though.
    You can force and add unnecessary risks, this is available.
    But your baby obviously doesn't want this~~

Your baby says "I am ready" and triggers labor.
    Until then, it *might* be safe to deliver baby, but maybe not.
    What you do know is that you're still pregnant for a reason and it could be another month before it's Time.

A due date is the MID-point within the average (estimated) due period (38-42 weeks).
    Women do birth outside the Average, sure, which can be 37 or 43 weeks, more or less, give or take.

When babies come spontaneously we're not adding unnecessary risks.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You're not truly full term yet. You can't do anything to make baby come if baby isn't ready.
    Anonymous

• things to try:

sex
    exercise (i went into labor when i was moving heavy boses with my first)
    pineapple
    evening primrose
    and if you are willing to risk the health of the baby you can use castor oil... i never have and wouldnt recommend it though!

honestly though, its up to baby whether or not any of these will work and in the end the other ladies are right, it could hurt the baby and it isnt worth it... just wait it out...
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011