Do you really think craigslist is good?

I have looked at jobs on craigslist for awhile now and I wonder why they not responding to my resumes or when I call they say it has been filled. How is that when I look on the same day that it was posted?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• That's the company, not Craigslist's fault. Sometimes they post positions because by law, they have to, even when they already have someone lined up for the job, or are promoting from within. Keep looking- DH and I have both found good jobs through CL in the past. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have never used the employment opportunities section of craigslist., so I don't have much advice. I've been buying and selling with craigslist for a few years, and have never had any bad experiences with it. It is kind of weird that you're told it's filled on the same day as it was posted...maybe they just tell you that because of the large volume of applications? Just a guess.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 9:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The last time I applied for a job from craigslist it was a scam. Stupid me...
    towell

Answer by towell at 9:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I use Craigslist to help my husband look for work, some call him back for a job interview, but some of them are jokes. I hope you find something that helps you out.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• its great to buy stuff from locals but i dunno about jobs i would be leery
    AmberDanielle02

Answer by AmberDanielle02 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I dont that site for anything
    momofsextuplet

Answer by momofsextuplet at 9:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't trust that site what so ever*
    momofsextuplet

• It can be. When we post for a job opening, we get flooded with responses within the first couple of hours. We end up pulling the listing and then sifting through to get the top 5 people that sound good enough to follow up with.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yes, I've paid $10 for a exasaucer, baby walker and changing table. I've sold over $200 in stuff on craigslist as well. can we say money, money, money?
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have posted on that site for a lost cat and got some disturbing people contact me
    then again for "car wanted" and the hits are heavy in the first 24 hours and you get people who want to believe their crap is worth alot of money.
    when it comes to that website it is all about what you want out of it. If your going to sell something make sure there is a picture. I once found a painting on that sight that I could not find anywhere else and the asking price was decent
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011